The lymphatic system is the body’s purification system that keeps the fluid balance within the body. It is a circulatory system that runs parallel to blood circulation.
It has many different functions:
- Participating in the body’s immune response
- Removing excess fluid and metabolic debris
- Returning unused proteins
- Transporting dietary lipids from the digestive system
Manual Lymphatic Drainage involves a specialized massage technique, which stimulates over 70% of the lymphatic system and, in doing so, promotes the optimum functioning of the tissue fluid balance, cellular waste removal, and the immune system. It also relaxes the nervous system and indirectly relaxes the muscles.
Indications for MLD:
- Post-traumatic condition
- Migraine/chronic headaches
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic Sinusitis
Our newest Massage Therapist is trained in Lymphatic Drainage, so to book an appointment call us on 020 7350 1100 today.