So, I want you to think about your health this January differently.
A healthy diet is about looking at the bigger picture and your long term health. It’s about removing the bad, and putting in the good stuff. It’s about nourishing your body with good food but also your mind with care and love.
How you can do this?
Here are my Top 10 Tips to feeling fabulous:
- Drink plenty of water – 1½ -2 litres per day, as 75% of the body is made up of water, keeping hydrated is essential for good health
- Plan your meals ahead of time. Get organised so that you have meals planned to save you time, money and you always have some healthy food to eat
- Eat regular meals during the day so that you’re never really hungry. It’s when we are really hungry that we are less able to fight off cravings leading to poor food choices
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables – as these keep your digestion working properly, balance blood sugar and contain many essential nutrients for health
- Keep sugary foods to a minimum – as sugar has no nutritional value and it causes havoc to our blood sugar balance, causing a vicious cycle within the body
- Start the day with a protein based breakfast which will provide you with essential nutrition, control sugar cravings and will set you on a healthy path for the day
- Get moving and increase your activity level, as exercise will bring immediate health benefits as well as preventing chronic disease
- Get plenty of sleep – as sleep is vital for your overall health and well-being, particularly our mental health and immunity and is one of the most important things to prioritise
- Learn to relax and manage stress – it is vital to give your mind and body the chance to switch off, as increased levels of stress and anxiety can lead to an abundance of serious health problems
- My advice is to do ONE thing at a time. Get one thing mastered and then build on your success. Remember, it’s the smallest changes that can make the biggest difference
I have struggled with my health in the past and I know what it feels like to feel unwell both physically and mentally.
I am really passionate about helping people to feel good about themselves from the inside out. To have lots of energy and vitality. To feel like you are not just surviving but really thriving.
Do you want to feel fabulous? Do you need to be inspired, motivated and supported to feel your best?
You can make an appointment with Alex by calling Northcote Chiropractic Clinic on 020 7350 1100. We look forward to seeing you!
Resident Nutritional Therapist and Naturopath
DIP Nut Ther, CNM, BANT, CNHC